GDPR DATA DISCOVERY PROCESS
What is the European Union (EU) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)?
The EU GDPR has been approved and is set to replace the previous EU Data Protection Directive. The new regulation will come into effect in May 2018 and will require organisations to put a much stricter focus on data protection. These changes will impact businesses that either control or process personal data belonging to EU citizens, with sectors such as Legal, Financial Services and Education being of primary importance.
The new legislation will focus on data protection from the initial identification and protection of personal identifiable information (PII) through to managing and erasing this data securely, as well as meeting prompt timeframes for providing notification of a data breach incident to the relevant supervisory authority. Maximum fines for those who are unable to meet the regulatory requirements will be anything up to 4% of worldwide turnover or €20million, whichever is higher.
How do you ensure your organisation is compliant?
GDPR is not a problem that can be fixed, it is a new way of conducting business. By delivering our suite of data compliance services, we aim to empower each client with a robust Data Discovery Process which will allow you to understand your data, define your policies, demonstrate you are doing your due diliegence and implement the tools to manage GDPR on an ongoing basis.
Having worked with data driven industries for many years, NETprotocol has designed a GDPR Discovery Process which enables end-users to identify which data is impacted by GDPR, and put in place the necessary measures to ensure this data is handled correctly through automated processes which meet the constraints detailed within the new legislated environment
What Does the Process Involve?
Why Choose NETprotocol’s GDPR Discovery Process?
Fragmentation of data storage without a ‘single governance framework’ means it can be a long and expensive process to acquire a single view of your customer data. In summary NETprotocol’s GDPR Data Discovery Solution will provide:
Key Features & Deliverables
- Provides an initial viewpoint of an organsiation’s current exposure and levels of risk
- Identifies and maps how personal data is stored and processed
- Defines the full range of data sources and applications to be managed
- Conducts a sample e-discovery of <10TB of real world data, with summary reports and findings presented back
- Roadmaps next steps and transformations required
- Reviews information governance and creates an information asset register
- Provides an all-inclusive GDPR GAP Analysis
- Develops a Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA) Strategy
- A full end-to-end understanding of your data environment and gap analysis
- A proposed action plan to meet the needs of the new legislation
- Key outputs designed to feed into automation and management tools
- An opportunity for the implementation of holistic data governance policies
- The implementation of a much more efficient and reactvie management data environment