Servers & Storage
NETprotocol offers a wide range of innovative solutions, using both tried and tested 'best of breed' solutions and the latest emerging technologies. As a vendor independent solutions provider, we are not limited to offering products and services from any single manufacturer. We will always offer the best fit for your business need. In many cases though, we recommend HP or IBM Servers due to their market leading quality, performance, features and support services.
If you are interested in a particular product area, please select from the navigation bar above or select below.
Products & Solutions Overview
When an organisation first becomes a client of NETprotocol we like to spend time carefully assessing both how the business operates and the IT needs. This time allows us to tailor any proposed solution to the immediate needs, whilst taking into account the longer term goals, and therefore developing a longer term strategy right from the outset. Depending on the organisation’s immediate needs and internal I.T. knowledge, this analysis may take half a day or in some cases a whole week, where more investigation or longer term strategic planning is required.
Once this initial analysis has been completed, NETprotocol are then able to select the most appropriate mix of hardware, software, task specific appliances and services to meet the business requirement. The proposed solution would typically also include a detailed implementation plan outline.
We appreciate that migration from existing to new systems can be a complex, time consuming and worrying process. NETprotocol have a wealth of technical knowledge and many years of experience in data migration planning.
Below are some of the brands, products, services and solutions that we offer.
Operating Systems / Virtualisation Platforms
- Windows 2000 / 2003 / 2008 Server Platforms
- Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7
- Linux based servers (Redhat, SuSE, etc.)
- Caldera/SCO UNIX
- Compaq Tru64 UNIX
- Citrix Thin-Client Computing, XenServer
- Microsoft HyperV
Hardware Platforms & Equipment
- Compaq/HP (www.hp.com)
- IBM (www.ibm.com)
- Cisco (www.cisco.com)
- McAfee (Secure Computing) (www.securecomputing.com)
- Allied Telesyn (http://www.alliedtelesis.co.uk)
- Zeus (www.zeus.com)
- Proofpoint (www.proofpoint.com)
- Vasco (www.vasco.com)
- VMWare (www.vmware.com)
Solution Types, Application Servers & Services
- Network Design & Implementation
- Server Virtualisation and Consolidation
- High Availability (HA) Computing/Storage Systems Design
- Green Computing / Power Saving / Datacentre Planning & Design
- SAN Design and Storage Virtualisation
- Disaster Recovery Planning & Onsite/Offsite Backup
- Bandwidth Management, Traffic Shaping & Monitoring
- E-Mail solutions
- Basic POP3 Mail Solutions
- Remote Storage Mail Solutions
- Microsoft Exchange Servers
- Email Security (on site or hosted)
- Internet Connectivity, Security & Firewalls
- VPN & Clientless Remote Access.
- Internet Domain Registration, Hosting and Web Development
- Thin-Client Solution Design, Implementation and Support Services
- Database Server Implementation
- Intranet Implementation and Design (Including Microsoft Sharepoint)
- Hardware Specification & Supply
- AntiVirus, System and Network Security
- Secure Access Control
- Corporate Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
- Desktop Fax Solutions
- Project Management
NETprotocol also provide a wide range of professional services covering many areas of strategy and technical computing. More information can be found on the services page.